I have been training at the Valley Athletic Club off and on for the last two years and I absolutely love it! It’s been a challenge, its been full of learning experiences and it has been a joy to help as many people as I’ve had the opportunity to. I truly love my job being able to help so many people not only reach their own goals but also to just make a life style change and become better every day!
So with that, I’ve asked one of my clients Heather to share a little testimonial about her journey over the past seven months training with me. I have given Heather a list of questions she answered about her journey and the things that she has fought through thus far. So, here we go!
Question 1: What was the main reason for you to begin to commit to train weekly? And why?
– I wanted to get toned and build muscle, specifically in my left leg after having several knee surgeries. I knew that committing to a trainer would get me the focused attention and accountability that I needed (and hopefully help me lose a few lbs as an added bonus).
Question 2: What has been the most difficult thing you’ve had to overcome while chasing after your goal?
– My own health and fitness was definitely at the bottom of the to-do list. As a working mother of two young kids, there were always “more important” things that took precedence over working out. I realized that being strong and healthy would only benefit my family in the long run, and I needed to make my own well-being a priority (even if I had to work out at 5:30am).
Question 3: What specifically has been your favorite part of training and why?
– I absolutely love the variety of the workouts! Every day is different, so I never get bored or burnt out. I love the accountability that comes with being apart of group training, because if I don’t show up I not only have my trainer asking where I’m at, but also the other ladies in the group.
Question 4: What’s been on thing you’ve learned about yourself over the past five months of training?
– When I started training with the main goal of just being stronger (rather than way to lose weight), I found that I actually enjoyed working out when I wasn’t so focused on the scale! I am far more motivated by the idea of staying active, and losing weight just happened along the way.
Question 5: What’s one thing you would tell people who are reading this who might feel exactly how you felt in the beginning?
– There is nothing that feels better than having a strong, lean, body that is capable of life’s activities! Once training becomes your routine, it will no longer feel like a chore, but as something you actually look forward to each and everyday!
Heather is currently training in a group of four other ladies in the morning at 5:30am Monday – Thursday. She has currently lost 18lbs and 5 1/2% Body Fat! Way to go Heather and the rest of the ladies for choosing to conquer fears and chase after your goals and a better life! Heather is just one example of many clients who have decided to not let past circumstances dictate or allow her from becoming the best she can be! If you need help and want to start your journey today, I would love to begin that journey with you!